My (hopefully) Healthier Lifestyle.

Featuring Jack LaLanne's juicer and Tony Horton's P90X program.


6/1/10

Give Me Fruit

I'm finding that I'm actually craving fruits now. This was unheard of before I started juicing. In fact, just the thought of taking one bite of fruit had me running in the opposite direction. During our family festivities for memorial day, one family brought a bowl of fruit, watermelon and grapes, both of which I like. The difference was in my mental choices. I craved to eat the fruit before anything else(and was in heaven eating it) where as before it would have been totally ignored even though I do actually like watermelon and grapes.

I ran out of oranges and apples yesterday but completely forgot to buy more. This morning I had to improvise. Celery, carrots and pineapple...yummy...NOT!! I think I will have to eliminate celery from the juicing menu. It truly is a disgusting taste, and very potent.

This summer we will be growing strawberries which should be a lovely addition to my recipes.